Polishing & Regulating
åtto Abrasives is a long-established manufacturer of abrasive wheels for centreless grinding applications.
Our range includes;
- Centerless Work Wheels: in rubber & cork specifications for Grinding & Polishing Applications
- Centerless Regulating (Control) Wheels: to control the rotation of the workpiece
Centerless Grinding is an OD (Outside Diameter) grinding process.
The process is unique in that the workpiece (component) is not mechanically held in position but rests on a support blade. The rotation of the component is controlled by the regulating wheel (control wheel). The larger work wheel (grinding or polishing wheel) rotating at a higher speed achieves the required stock removal and surface finish.
The centreless process is ideally suited to applications requiring high production rates of cylindrical components, including the manufacture of taper roller bearings, chrome bar, shafts, tubing, etc.
Adaptations of the centreless process have evolved to include, thru- feed, in-feed and end-feed centreless grinding & polishing.
- Chrome Bar
- Piston Pins
- Copy Rollers
- Guide Wires
- Full range of premium rubber bonded wheels
- Regulating wheels with steel cores
- Slotted regulating wheels – fastener manufacturing
- Profiled regulating wheels – specialised applications
Regulating (Control) Wheels:
- Tight Tolerances
- High Stock Removal
- Excellent Surface Finish
- Superb Roundness
- Lower Cycle Times
- Optimum Quality & Consistency
- Custom Formulated & Manufactured
- Single or Multi Sections
- Rubber bonded work wheels: High stock removal & optimum quality
- Cork polishing work wheels: Superior surface finish